1. To get started, get a list of the topics in mathematics and english, your child is supposed to complete, in this 12 month period.
2. Practise writing answers to questions, in each topic area, over the school holidays.
3. Assess level of competency, to locate any gaps in learning.
4. Locate extra learning material, to support you child, in these weaker areas of learning.
5. Start a daily home schedule of learning, through short bursts of 20 minutes of answering questions on one topic, per session.
6. Track your child's improvement, through a goal-based marking chart. This will motivate your child to succeed in each topic area.
7. Get the support of your child's teacher, in the next school term, so your child's needs can be targeted for improvements.